Yields 18 cookies.
These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are the perfect way to thank Mom this year for all of her love and hard work in “raisin” the family! As a bonus, these cookies are equal parts healthy and delicious — no gluten or dairy to be found in these tasty darlings.
- 1¼ cups oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds (flaxmeal)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp nutmeg and/or cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oat flour, salt, nutmeg/cinnamon, and baking soda and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine ground flax and almond milk and stir until mixed well.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, and whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir in mashed banana.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry oat mixture.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy! Let us know how your cookies turn out (or if you come up with any fun recipe renditions) on our Facebook page.