This Valentine’s Day, make your heart happy with a warm mug of (healthier) hot cocoa. This recipe pairs wonderfully with almond milk and a splash of vanilla extract.
This recipe yields one cup, so make sure to multiply the ingredients by the number of cups you’d like to make:
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz milk of your choice (soy, almond, coconut)
- Optional: ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Slowly warm the milk of your choice in a small pot to your desired temperature, and whisk the mixture into the milk.
3. Sip, relax, indulge. Repeat.
This recipe was adapted from Thriving on Paleo and is Vital Plan approved.