The holidays are approaching, and that means there will be more mouths to feed. Instead of unhealthy, processed finger foods like chips, serve your friends and family this healthy and addicting alternative – spiced apple chips.
• 4 apples, thinly sliced and seeded
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp ginger
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp cloves
1. Line two large baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
2. Lay apple slices onto baking sheet.
3. Mix cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
4. Sprinkle half the mixture onto apple slices.
5. Bake at 200º for 1.5 hours.
6. Remove from oven, flip over slices, and sprinkle with remaining mixture.
7. Bake at 200º for 1 hour.
8. Turn the oven off and keep the apples inside as the oven cools down for 1 hour for optimal crunchiness/chewiness.
Store apple chips at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Sweet, crunchy, and antioxidant-packed apples are definitely a fall favorite here at Vital Plan. Try our Healthy Baked Apples for more apple inspired recipes.