Posted: May 1, 2017
Location: Cary, NC
Do you want to make a positive impact on the world? Help us promote our comprehensive herbal solutions to improve the health of people everywhere. We’re searching for a broadly talented, experienced, full-time Creative Director who can deftly and diligently guide our tight-knit team toward greatness. If you are passionate about the power of digital media to build traffic, grow an audience and increase sales and can contribute in creative ways to our entrepreneurial company’s bottom line, we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for this leadership role is energetic, upbeat, naturally artistic, and understands the big picture. You’ll establish and enforce brand guidelines for our two key brands – Vital Plan and RawlsMD – and lead the design and development of our websites, social media properties, email newsletters, banner ads, e-book designs, webinars, videos, and other design-related projects. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and bring unwavering passion, positive energy, practical ideas, and a lead-by-example attitude as you support Vital Plan’s mission and goals.
- Work with the Marketing Director, team members, and advisors/agencies to create, refine, and manage Vital Plan’s unique brand identity and guidelines
- Lead and manage all design and development projects including logos, visual identity, visual and digital and print content creation
- Recruit, train, and mentor fellow designers and partners to build a world-class design/creative team
- Continuously work to improve Vital Plan’s design and development workflow to consistently produce top-quality creative work
- Serve as the liaison to Vital Plan’s digital development partner for site updates and marketing support
- Assist in copywriting initiatives and ensure a consistent brand voice
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Director, Managing Editor, development partners, and team members to manage and complete projects within startup-paced deadlines
- Willingly accept other responsibilities and duties as needs arise
- 7+ years hands-on experience in graphic and web design/development
- Ad agency, e-commerce, healthcare, or start-up experience preferred
- Excellent eye for design and typography
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS, WordPress, and the website development and management process
- Insatiable curiosity; both a thinker and doer
- Obsessed with quality
- Strong communication, leadership, and team-building skills
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver with startup flexibility
- Relentless passion and drive to make a positive difference in people’s lives
Vital Plan offers a competitive salary, benefits package, and potential for stock options.
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Jim Noonan – Vital Plan Operatios Manager – at firstname.lastname@example.org.