MANAGING EDITOR (Health and Wellness)
Posted: August 1, 2017
Location: Cary, NC
We’re looking for an inspiring Managing Editor to join us on our journey at Vital Plan. We need someone who is part storyteller, part project manager, and part editing wizard with a passion and drive to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
The Managing Editor will work directly with the Marketing and Medical Directors in creating and executing Vital Plan’s content vision and strategy. This includes the development and distribution of high-quality, targeted content, and managing external resources associated with those efforts.
Leveraging editorial, digital marketing, and project management expertise, the Managing Editor will play a crucial role in increasing the reach and impact of Vital Plan and RawlsMD’s health education initiatives.
- Deeply understand our audience’s needs and pain points and identify content opportunities to educate and help
- Build, manage, and collaborate with a team of content contributors and graphic designers
- Organize and schedule content across website, blog posts, emails, social media
- Write, curate, and edit content for emotional impact, clarity, credibility, social sharing and SEO potential
- Ensure consistent voice and branding across all communications and platforms
- Perform outreach to other bloggers, writers, and influencers and coordinate guest posts
- Measure the performance of content initiatives and optimize efforts accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations, communications, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience as a managing editor, journalist, or content marketer role
- Writing/editing experience within healthcare industry
- Passion for natural/holistic approach to healthcare
- Comfort in working with a wide variety of digital media and marketing channels
- Excellent communicator, with compelling writing skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative problem solver
- Insatiable curiosity
- Thrives and adapts in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Project management skills, with ability to plan and prioritize a diverse workload
- Brings positive energy and work efficiently as a team player
Vital Plan is proud to be a B Corporation®, a certification which recognizes companies who meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Our aim is to educate, inspire, and empower our customers to leverage natural remedies to find their personal path to wellness. We invite you to join our growing, worldwide community of customers taking control of their health.
You can learn more about Vital Plan’s story and vision at https://vitalplan.com/about
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.