*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult your qualified healthcare provider before beginning any diet or program.
1. Sarris J, McIntyre E, Camfield DA, Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence, CNS Drugs. 2013 Apr;27(4):301-19
2. Benson S, Downey LA, Stough C, Wetherell M, Zangara A, Scholey A, An acute, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on multitasking stress reactivity and mood, Phytother Res. 2014 Apr;28(4):551-9.
3. Shinomol GK, Muralidhara, Bharath MM, Exploring the role of "Brahmi" (Bocopa monnieri and Centella asiatica) in brain function and therapy, Recent Pat Endocr Metab Immune Drug Discov. 2011 Jan;5(1):33-49. Review.
4. Calabrese C, Gregory WL, Leo M, Kraemer D, Bone K, Oken B, Effects of a standardized Bacopa monnieri extract on cognitive performance, anxiety, and depression in the elderly: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, J Altern Complement Med. 2008 Jul;14(6):707-13.
5. Pravina K, Ravindra KR, Goudar KS, Vinod DR, Joshua AJ, Wasim P, Venkateshwarlu K, Saxena VS, Amit A, Safety evaluation of BacoMind in healthy volunteers: a phase I study, Phytomedicine. 2007 May;14(5):301-8. Epub 2007 Apr 17.
6. Otify A, George C, Elsayed A, Farag MA, Mechanistic evidence of Passiflora edulis (Passifloraceae) anxiolytic activity in relation to its metabolite fingerprint as revealed via LC-MS and chemometrics, Food Funct. 2015 Dec 2;6(12):3807-17.
7. Villet S, Vacher V, Colas A, Danno K, Masson JL, Marijnen P, Bordet MF, Open-label observational study of the homeopathic medicine Passiflora Compose for anxiety and sleep disorders, Homeopathy. 2016 Feb;105(1):84-91.
8. Ngan A, Conduit R, A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality, Phytother Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
9. Wohlmuth H, Penman KG, Pearson T, Lehmann RP, Pharmacognosy and chemotypes of passionflower (Passiflora incarnata L.), Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33(6):1015-8.
10. Elsas SM, Rossi DJ, Raber J, White G, Seeley CA, Gregory WL, Mohr C, Pfankuch T, Soumyanath A, Passiflora incarnata L. (Passionflower) extracts elicit GABA currents in hippocampal neurons in vitro, and show anxiogenic and anticonvulsant effects in vivo, varying with extraction method, Phytomedicine. 2010 Oct;17(12):940-9.
11. Grundmann O, Wang J, McGregor GP, Butterweck V, Anxiolytic activity of a phytochemically characterized Passiflora incarnata extract is mediated via the GABAergic system, Planta Med. 2008 Dec;74(15):1769-73.
12. Akhondzadeh S, Naghavi HR, Vazirian M, Shayeganpour A, Rashidi H, Khani M, Passionflower in the treatment of generalized anxiety: a pilot double-blind randomized controlled trial with oxazepam, J Clin Pharm Ther. 2001 Oct;26(5):363-7.
13. Rauwald HW, Savtschenko A, Merten A, Rusch C, Appel K, Kuchta K, GABAA Receptor Binding Assays of Standardized Leonurus cardiaca and Leonurus japonicus Extracts as Well as Their Isolated Constituents, Planta Med. 2015 Aug;81(12-13):1103-10
14. Shikov AN, Pozharitskaya ON, Makarov VG, Demchenko DV, Shikh EV, Effect of Leonurus cardiaca oil extract in patients with arterial hypertension accompanied by anxiety and sleep disorders, Phytother Res. 2011 Apr;25(4):540-3.
15. David Winston and Steven Maimes, Adaptogens, Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief, Healing Arts Press, Copyright 2007
16. Mark Blumenthal, Editor, The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs, American Botanical Council, Copyright 2003
17. Leslie Taylor, ND, The Healing Power of Rainforest Herbs, Square One Publishers, Copyright 2005
18. Sheldon Saul Hendler, Ph.D., M.D., FACP, FACN, FAIC, PDR for Nutritional Supplements, 2nd edition, Thomson Reuters, Copyright 2008
19. PDR for Herbal Medicines,4th edition, Medical Economics Company, Montvale, N.J., Copyright 2007
20. Lisa Ganora, Herbal Constituants, Foundations of Phytochemistry, Herbalchem Press, Copyright 2009
21. Bone and Mills, Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy, 2nd ed., Churchill/Livingston, Copyright 2013
22. Merrily A. Kuhn and David Winston, Herbal Therapy & Supplements, second edition, Wolters Kluwer Health / Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Copyright 2008
23. David Hoffmann, FNIMH, AHG, Medical Herbalism, the Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine, Healing Arts Press, Rochester, Vermont, Copyright 2003