This quick and easy meal is very satisfying on a cold winter night.
1 fresh butternut squash, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ cup diced red onion
½ cup coconut milk
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Optional: Sage leaves and/or pumpkin seeds for garnish.
1. Heat large saucepan on medium to high heat.
2. Add oil evenly to pan. Add onions and sauté until soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic and ginger, stir occasionally for 1 minute.
4. Add coconut milk, 2 cups of water, salt, pepper, and squash. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir occasionally.
6. Place mixture into blender. Allow steam to escape by removing center piece of blender lid. Avoid splatters by placing a clean towel over lid opening. Blend until smooth.
7. Optional: Garnish with sage leaves, pepper, and pumpkin seeds.
This recipe was inspired by My Recipes’ Butternut Soup.